Monday, October 3, 2011

Everyone keeps asking me how I like school. Why I'm here. What I want to do with myself. At first my answer was that I wanted to gain knowledge, I wanted to expand my mind and just learn. I was never after a degree. What the heck am I going to do with a degree in Poli Sci anyway?
But I don't want to just sit around and hoard all this knowledge just for another collection to flaunt. I want to be wise not knowledgeable, I could give a rats ass about knowledge if there is no wisdom. I don't want to sit in a stiff classroom. I want to teach English in Thailand, learn about every type of spiritual belief out there, walk through a redwood forest, stare into the face of God in Spain. I don't feel ready to be so confined...and I hope I never am. I want life experience not book smarts. I would much rather be surrounded by people who know how to live and how to love than someone who can tell me all about the past and theorize about the future. I want to know the feelings not the facts. The dreams not the past.
Education is a big lousy joke.
Or maybe I'm just delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment